slide show

Monday, March 27, 2017

Photo 78: Western Skies

The wind has picked up again today and brought with it some awesome drama! The coolest thing about living in this valley is the passing spring storms. We usually don't get anything out of them, but the view is breathtaking! I'm a cloud person-I love them!! Today's clouds were no exception.

One of my favorite Chris Le'Doux songs is called Western Skies. I don't have friends in Nashville or play the guitar, but I do love living in the middle of nowhere, something a lot of people don't understand.

"My Nashville friends think I'm strange
to make my home out on the range.
They think it's nothin' but a god-forsaken land.
'Why don't you bring your guitar and family
and move on down to Tennessee?'
Well I just smile cuz they don't understand.
But if they ever saw a sunrise on a mountain mornin'
or watched them cotton candy clouds go by,
they'd know why I live beneath these Western Skies."


No comments:

Post a Comment